Recipe by: Nicolas Aparicio
This Chorizo Toast with Honey and Pistachios is an easy to make appetizer or snack. The bread is infused with delicious flavors of garlic, butter and olive oil, and then topped with crispy Despaña Traditional chorizo and drizzled with sweet honey and pistachios. The result is both a sweet and savory toast that is sure to impress. It’s simple to prepare, but will surprise you with how gourmet it feels! A wonderful addition to slice up and serve for your next gathering.
- 2 slices of bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 Despaña Traditional Chorizos, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 20g of pistachios, minced
- Edible flowers for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to maximum heat.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the pan and heat on medium until the butter has melted.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Place the slices of bread in the pan, toast on both sides until golden brown.
- Chop the chorizo into small cubes.
- Spread the cooked garlic cloves over the toast.
- Spread the chorizo cubes over the toast.
- Transfer your toast to the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until the chorizo is crispy and the bread is golden brown.
- While the toast is in the oven, mince the pistachios.
- Remove the toast from the oven and transfer it to a plate for serving.
- Drizzle honey all over the toast and sprinkle your minced pistachios.
- Decorate your toast with edible flowers (totally optional!)
- Serve immediately with a cold beer or beverage of your choice!