Hailing from the beautiful Canary Islands off the coast of Southern Spain, "mojo" is a traditional sauce consisting primarily of olive oil, local peppers, garlic, paprika and cumin.
Our featured mojo sauces are extremely versatile and delicious. Whether you use the green pepper sauce on fish, or the red pepper sauce on your favorite cuts of meat, both will provide you with immense flavor and garnish options in the kitchen.
Now, here's a deliciously simple & traditional recipe from the Canary Islands to make with these sauces. Perfectly salted potatoes, fantastic for dipping in your mojo selections.
- 1.25 lbs of small, quick cooking potatoes
-1/4 cup of coarse sea salt
1. Wash the potatoes well, and place them in a large stock pot.
2. Just cover with cold water, and add the sea salt.
3. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes until just cooked through. Add water if too much evaporates.
4. Pour off the water and rest the potatoes on the stove on a very low heat until all water has evaporated and the potatoes are covered in a layer of sea salt.